Mark Your Calendar!
Glamorgan Community Association's Holiday Potluck Pub Night!!!
Friday December 2, 2016
Doors open at 7:00pm in the Seminar Room
We will be providing some light appetizers and would love if you could also bring your favourite dish (completely optional).
The Glamorgan Community Association will bring in pizza for the GlamShack kids.
Babysitting service in the GlamShack for children 3 and up. $5 per child to a MAX of $20 per family (cash only please) - Until 10:30
Glamorgan Community Association would like to thank the following businesses for their generous donations to our Volunteer Appreciation Party:
- South Centre Volkswagen
- Hannis Pizza
- Reggin Technical Services
- Glamorgan Bakery
- Good Life Fitness Richmond Road
- City Liquor
- Mountain View Bowling
- Buffalo Bob's
- Stemz Florist
- Richmonds Pub
- Humpty's RIchmond Road
- Superstore Signal Hill
- Margaret Mandryk
- 24th Annual Christmas Craft Fair
Mark Your Calendars!!!
The Focus on Glamorgan will be late in arriving in your mailbox this month. We apologize for this and would like to give you a heads up on some important dates.
- December 2 - Holiday Potluck Pub Night
- December 6 - Seniors Corner
- December 18 - Bingo - We need volunteers
- December 24 through January 2 - GCA Office is closed for the holidays
- January 3 - Seniors Corner
- January 6 - Pub Night
- January 21 - Winterfest
ELBOW VALLEY SITE UPDATE
IMPORTANT CONSTRUCTION UPDATE
You will have noticed the construction in your laneway has been delayed. Whissell Contracting is now scheduled to begin work on November 28. Whissell will not start work without directly contacting the homeowners at 367, 371, 375, 379 and 383 before starting construction. You do not need to move your car until you are informed about the start of construction.
The City of Calgary approved the final design of the new road and utility connections for the redevelopment of the Elbow Valley site, and work began in early September. Ongoing work includes site clearing and grading, installation of underground storm, water and sanitary utilities and construction of 50 Ave. SW along the south boundary of the site, parallel to Glenmore Trail SW.
- It is anticipated work will be done during daytime hours, and follow City standards of 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. weekdays and Saturdays.
- Contractors will follow City of Calgary’s standards for dust and noise.
- Trucks that haul materials to and from the site will be covered.
For your safety, please do not enter the fenced-off construction areas.
Sarcee Trail/Richmond Road Interchange Open Houses
Open House #1 - November 21, 5:00 to 8:00 Glamorgan Community Assoc. Main Hall
Open House #2 - November 26, 11:00am to 2:00pm Glamorgan School Main Gym
You can visit the project website at www.calgary.ca/sarceerichmond
Preparing for SW Calgary Ring Road construction
The Government of Alberta recently awarded Mountain View Partners with the contract to design, build, operate, and partially finance the Southwest Calgary Ring Road (SWCRR). Mountain View Partners has subcontracted KGL Constructors to design and construct the SWCRR, with preliminary works currently underway within the Transportation Utility Corridor through fall 2016. As a result, there may be some daily traffic lane closures during off-peak periods. We expect these lane closures to have minor impacts to Calgary’s drivers. The contractor will soon host a website, which will be your information hub for all things SWCRR construction.
The City of Calgary connections
The City is building road connections and improvements to make sure the SWCRR fits with Calgary’s road network. The first to be completed is Westhills Way. While the road is finished, it won’t be open until the SWCRR connects to it in fall 2021. You can find out more information on the other road improvements on their web pages:
Road connections to the SWCRR:
- 90 Ave. and Southland Dr. S.W.: calgary.ca/90southland-swrr
- 162 Ave. S.W.: calgary.ca/162ave-swrr
- Westhills Way: calgary.ca/westhillsway
- Anderson Road S.W. widening: calgary.ca/anderson-swrr
- Bow Tr. S.W.: calgary.ca/bowtrail-swrr
- Glenmore Tr. S.W. widening and Crowchild rail interchange improvements: calgary.ca/glenmore-swrr
- Spruce Meadows Way – Web page is coming soon
Information sessions happening in November
KGL is hosting three drop-in information sessions at the end of November for citizens to learn more about the SWCRR. The City will also be in attendance with an update on the design and construction schedule of its various SWCRR projects.
- Monday, Nov. 28, 5-8 p.m. at Oakridge Community Hall - 9504 Oakfield Drive S.W.
- Tuesday, Nov. 29, 5-8 p.m. at Calgary First Church of the Nazarene - 65 Richard Way S.W.
- Wednesday, Nov. 30, 6-9 p.m. at Bishop O’Byrne High School - 333 Shawville Boulevard S.E.
Questions regarding the upcoming information sessions or construction of the SWCRR can be directed to the 24/7 KGL phone line at 403-212-0565.
The first Tuesday of every month. 1:00 to 3:00pm in the Main Hall. Cost is $5 per person and includes a light lunch, refreshments and entertainment.
For the latest issue of Focus On Glamorgan or for advertising opportunities and information please visit http://www.great-news.ca